Charlie Worsham is back with new music! His sophomore album Beginning Of Things will be out April 27 but he’s starting to give fans a listen to five tracks off the new album before it drops!!
Via Press Release:
Beginning of Things, the new full-length album from acclaimed musician, songwriter and performer Charlie Worsham, will be released April 21 on Warner Bros. Records / Warner Music Nashville and is now available for pre-order.
Check out the cover of the album below!!
In advance of the release, NPR Music is premiering the title track today, praising, “At its best, country music is a preserve for the up-close and personal. From Merle Haggard to Miranda Lambert, the genre’s most powerful storytellers illuminate big subjects like family, love or work by focusing on small details unfolding in kitchens, on back porches or in farm fields. ‘The Beginning Of Things,’ the title track from Charlie Worsham’s excellent upcoming second album, demonstrates this art with uncommon grace and intelligence.” NPR Music’s Ann Powers continues, “His understated, warm vocal exudes sympathy, exactly nailing the part in the storytelling process where words are shaped by phrasing and intonation. Behind him, an ace band…crafts an environment that’s simple and inviting, encouraging the listener to sit back and think about what’s being said.”
the wait is over, yall!!! i’m so proud of this record & so grateful to share this song w you today!! https://t.co/zn6WxZAiXM
— Charlie Worsham (@charlieworsham) January 23, 2017
As a special preview to fans, the title track along with four additional new songs will be available at all digital services beginning this Friday, January 27 and will be included as instant downloads with each album pre-order.
LISTEN TO “OLD TIME’S SAKE” FROM THE NEW ALBUM ‘BEGINNING OF THINGS.’
Co-produced by Frank Liddell (Miranda Lambert, Lee Ann Womack, Aubrie Sellers) and Eric Masse (Rayland Baxter, Mikky Ekko) with Arturo Buenahora, Jr. (Eric Church, Dierks Bentley) serving as the Executive Producer, Beginning of Things includes 13 new songs, 9 of which Worsham co-wrote.
Of the album, Worsham comments:
“We had so much fun! I had fallen out of love with music, and making this record put me back in love with it on a level I hadn’t felt since I was a teenager. Beginning Of Things was a challenge in surrendering control and trusting my own talent. I’m confident that these songs and these recordings capture my musical geography and personal truth, and at the end of the day, I’m convinced that is the ultimate purpose of an artist—to speak one’s truth.”
BEGINNING OF THINGS TRACK LIST
1. Pants (Jeff Hyde)
2. Please People Please (Charlie Worsham, Ryan Tyndell)
3. Southern By The Grace of God (Charlie Worsham, Luke Dick, Shane McAnally)
4. Call You Up (Abe Stoklasa, Daniel Tashien)
5. Lawn Chair Don’t Care (Charlie Worsham, Brent Cobb, Ryan Tyndell)
6. Only Way To Fly (Charlie Worsham, Brent Cobb, Ryan Tyndell)
7. Old Times Sake (Charlie Worsham, Jeremy Spillman, Brent Cobb)
8. Cut Your Groove (Charlie Worsham, Oscar Charles)
9. I Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere (Charlie Worsham, Ryan Tyndell, Billy Montana)
10. The Beginning Of Things (Abe Stoklasa, Donovan Woods)
11. Birthday Suit (Luke Dick, Jason Lehning)
12. I-55 (Charlie Worsham, Ben Hayslip)
13. Take Me Drunk (Charlie Worsham, Ryan Tyndell, Steve Bogard)
Leave a Reply